Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reminiscing Road Trips of Yore

I found this photo while rummaging through my baul. The photo brought back memories of past road trips we had. This ever-dependable vehicle brought us to many places in Panay and later on in Luzon. I’m proud to say that we circumnavigated the island of Panay in this vehicle.


I used to be based in Iloilo but with strong ties in Manila. When the Strong Republic Nautical Highway was opened in 2002, it enabled us to do frequent road trips to Manila, hence, we were able to explore more places in Luzon.

There are hardly any memento of our road trips, but I can still remember some of the places we’ve been: Baguio, Batangas, Calapan, Cavite, Lucena, Puerto Galera, Subic and Tagaytay.

Provinces it conquered

I think one of the most memorable trips I had with this vehicle was when we went to see a waterfalls at the Nagpana Resettlement for the Aetas in Barotac Viejo, Iloilo. A huge crowd of Aetas gathered around the vehicle when we arrived. We end up being the attraction there. 

It’s been a while since this trusty vehicle was sold but the happy memories live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...