Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Emerald River of Pinacanauan

Pinacanauan River in Peñablanca, Cagayan, is one of the most picturesque rivers I’ve been to. The river is a popular destination for kayaking and watching the circadian flight of bats. Also, it is a tributary of Cagayan River, the longest and largest river in the Philippines.


I got to see and experience crossing this river when I went to see Callao Cave last year. Had I taken the route that goes directly to Callao Cave from Tuguegarao City, I would have missed experiencing the beauty of this river. Good thing I took the other route, which brought me to the riverbank of Pinacanauan River.


Pinacanauan River at the vicinity of Callao Cave is very still. Its stillness mirrors the sky and the surrounding landscape. A wall of limestone with foliage at its base dominates the other side of the river.



Along came a flat-bottomed boat and brought me, its sole passenger, across the emerald river to the small quay at the other side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...