Friday, December 9, 2011

Legoland

I grew up playing Lego. I’ve been fascinated by this plastic bricks made by a Danish company since I was two years old. I still play Lego occasionally up until now. (Sshh.....)

The Nativity

I was three at that time, but I can still vividly remember how my babysitter gathered my Lego Firehouse set, scattered on the floor, into the dustbin and dumped them to a pile of leaves she was burning. My mom was utterly shocked with what she saw; she was only able to save a third of it.

When I found out that there’s a Lego display called City Christmas at The Block, SM North EDSA in Quezon City, I knew I had to come and see it. Since I live down south of the metro, going north to Quezon City is an adventure in itself.

City Christmas by Lego is located at The Block Atrium. A giant Christmas tree made up of Lego bricks acts as the centerpiece. 


The display includes miniature landmarks of the Philippines such as: Rizal Monument, Dapitan Church, and Camarines Norte Capitol; global landmarks such as Great Wall of China, Tokyo Tower in Japan, and Eiffel Tower in France; the film Star Wars; a Christmas village; and the Nativity.

Rizal Monument and Dapitan Church  


Camarines Norte Capitol  

Eiffel Tower (France)  

Tokyo Tower (Japan)  

Great Wall of China  

Tiananmen Square (China)

Petronas Towers (Malaysia)  

Robot Building (Thailand)

I gleefully looked at everything on display. Even if I can only dream of owning all those Lego on display, I’m already contented seeing them.

Stormtrooper in an All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT)

Darth Vader!  

Frosty the Snowman

Christmas Village





You still have until January 10, 2012 to see the City Christmas exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...