There’s a black sedan at one corner of Quezon Park in Baler, Aurora. It’s a 1937 Cadillac Cabriolet built for President Manuel L. Quezon. On November 4, 1937, it arrived in the Philippines. It was handed over to Gen. Douglas MacArthur in 1938.
In 1976, the car was restored and donated by General Motors Corporation (GMC) to the Philippines. The cabriolet was put on display in Fort Santiago in Intramuros, Manila, for a time before it was transferred to Corregidor Island in Manila Bay, the National Library Compound in Manila and the Quezon City Civic Center before finding its new home in Baler.
In 2009, the General Douglas MacArthur Car was restored once again. Presently, the car is being displayed out in open. Its restoration will just go to waste if a garage or shed isn’t built to protect it from the elements.